Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Family Ties

When the Lord decided to send us to Jersey, I could not IMAGINE what He was thinking. We were not a northern family. We were not Big City people. What could possibly be the reason???
As always, He knew better than little ole' me. What wonderful plans He had for us. Little did I know, that I had family in New Jersey! He introduced us to our grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and even sisters and brothers. Here they were, just waiting for us...waiting to love us, and be loved. You know how after a new physical activity, you suddenly realize you have muscles you didn't even know existed...well, that's how my heart feels after being here for two years. Man, I love these people!!!
Now, here we are again. We're trying not to visualize this move as a leaving of our precious family, but a "come and visit soon" kind of thing. It's a bittersweet thing when you leave family, but the great thing is...you know you ARE family...you know you WILL see each other again...you know that love will only grow stronger through distance...you know that come what may, God has a plan and it truly is beautiful.
So, if you haven't heard our news...we are moving to Abilene, TX at the end of June. We look at this as another adventure in the lives of the Weaver family. We trust that the Lord has a purpose for us. We trust that He knows what lies ahead. We'll desperately miss Jersey, but are looking forward to meeting the family we don't even know yet.
Texas' family, Ready or not, here we come!

6 comments:

  1. OH My that is HUGE Vivi! I am so glad we had the chance to meet and the kids to meet! God sure is moving in your lives! We will miss you all! Please keep in touch with FB!

    Be blessed on the move! XO

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not many people leave such a big empty space when they leave like you will - because you have touched so many hearts while you've been here. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I TOTALLY get it. We are leaving Texas, and the "family" we have found here...and it just HURTS...but so excited about the family we will find in Alaska.

    MAN, why are you coming to Texas just as we pull out....Wanna come to Alaska instead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've been following your cute blog. Good luck with the move! We have family in Abilene and they love it. We're getting ready to move to Virginia in June...I'm beginning to think we're slightly insane. Moving is 300 times harder with children! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you will enjoy it... But I am supposed to say that I was born and raised there. ;-) It is a wonderful state and place to grow up! I am looking forward to reading your many adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Big news! Your sweet family will be a blessing in Abilene just like it has been every other place you have lived!

    ReplyDelete