Thursday, September 23, 2010

Deep Thoughts by Jo


"Mommy, you know what I've been thinking about lately?" When I hear these words from my oldest daughter, I know it's going to be a good one. This week her thoughts are pondering how "saying something can change everything." She explained how if she or someone else says something at any particular moment, it can totally change the events that follow. She says that words can make us feel a certain way we weren't feeling before, make us do something or not do something we were going to do before. They just change everything, and we don't even realize it.

For fun, we googled Bible verses on the power of the tongue. There are so many verses that warn us to guard our tongue, yet we (meaning me in particular) throw words out there without a second thought. Proverbs 18:21 states exactly what Jo was trying to get at, "Death and Life are in the power of the tongue."

With a daughter like her, I'm more and more aware of the "sword thrusts" and "healing" my words can bring (Prov. 12:18).

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That is a doozie. I wonder what God has in store for her precious heart and mind! Should be amazing to watch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That girl has such amazing insight. You surely ponder all these sayings in your heart. What a gift she i

    ReplyDelete