Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Buried Treasure

Josephine has taken to digging for buried treasure. At first, it was just fun digging a hole at the bottom of the hill. Last week, she actually unearthed something. She found a lead Civil War toy soldier.This of course inspired her to dig even further.Today she unburied a 1936 penny. Not sure if they are worth much, but it sure has been exciting to discover buried treasure. It also leaves us with many projects to research...Civil War, the history of the penny, the age of our property, what to put in a time capsule, and oh, so many more!!!
What buried treasures am I busy looking for today?
What am I trying to search and find?
Proverbs 2 compares the knowledge of the Lord to buried treasure.
"If you seek it like silver, and search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God."
Proverbs 8 assures us if we choose instruction and knowledge over silver and pure gold, it's even better than jewels; nothing we desire can be compared to it.
I think it's time for me to take out my shovel and get to digging in that Good Book; I need to find me some buried treasure!




5 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Sounds like so much fun~ ! and exciting too~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vivi,
    I read your message on the Yahoo Group (Homeschool Bloggers Haven). I love your blog! I'm also in NJ and just starting out homeschooling... still trying to carve out our little corner in cyberspace.

    I'm now a follower of your blog!
    You can find me at
    Hands of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! What fun! Stopping by from Homeschool Blogger Haven...now following you too. Would appreciate you following me as well, if you like my site. Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool finds!!
    Janet W
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/

    ReplyDelete