Friday, October 15, 2010

Unravelled


The theme for the past week seems to be Unravel. While I have been busy with the daily activities of parenting, homeschooling, and rearing four children, my kids have taken it upon themselves to explore/empty/unpack/unravel whatever they can get their hands on. Take for example, my new roll of paper towels....It was unrolled all of the way from the kitchen, ,down the basement stairs and throughout the basement floor to act as a white carpet for two little brides. Then there was the new box of tissues (yes, we have already started emptying these by the week due to runny noses brought on by two weeks of chilly temperatures)...it was set out one morning and within 10 minutes emptied by a little boy with an endless supply of "yuck". He truly wiped his nose on each of 200 kleenexes! Now we travel upstairs to the bathroom...I won't even bother telling you how an entire roll of toilet paper ended up filling the toilette...no, we are looking in the bathtub that has mysteriously turned pink. It seems a brand new bottle of my luxurious Bathsoap that smells of perfection each tired morning was squeezed out by middle sized hands to create a bubble bath all by one's self. Moving back downstairs to the schoolroom, we find a roll of yarn for school projects and crafts unravelled around and around the basement toys, desks, chairs, and tables to create a spider web of fun. And last, I end with a glimpse into the living room/dining room where as I type I see dumped and scattered a tub full of crayons creating an obstacle course on the rug and a table cloth made from emptying a package of napkins accented with a bulk sprinkling of salt and pepper.

Yes, my children have active imaginations that create and play with every imaginable item within their grasp. It seems for our next lesson, we should put into practice "waste not, want not."

2 comments:

  1. Howdie friend....so glad you told me your blog name. I am a new follower now...WOW what a week you had! I have weeks like that it seems every other week. This week has been a great one...hope your weekend is awesome and blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my 4 are on the same warpath. We are set to break as many "unbreakable" things as possible. Did you know you can break fire man hats? Well, yes indeed, you can!

    ReplyDelete