Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wedding..finally

When I was nearly 14 years old, my parents sat us kids down at the dining table and made a very important announcement: another child was on the way, making us a family of seven. I was going to be a big sister for the fourth time. I remember feeling SO torn...I loved my siblings and knew I would love this one too, BUT I would be gone from the house by the time this sister started actually making memories. I made it my mission to make a permanent and lasting impression on her heart so that she would know I was her biggest sister and would be there for her and love her always. When Shayla, a.k.a. ShadyLane, arrived I adopted her and quickly became her "second mommy." We were close, we still are...in spite of that mean thing called "distance." We made each other tapes of our voices, talked on the phone, wrote letters and colored pictures. She was even the precious flower girl for my wedding.
Last month, my littlest sis got married. It was a very nostalgic event for me (not that everything in life revolves around me, but after all, this is MY blog;-). My "first" little baby was grown up and getting married!!!! And to make it even more strange, my other little baby girl, Thessaly, was her flower girl!!!
How fast life sweeps us along. How quickly we turn the corner and face the newest challenge or see life repeating itself.
Here are some long awaited and much anticipated pictures of all my "kids."



God has blessed me richly, wouldn't you say?!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I would say He certainly has. Not to be rude but you actually turned 14 the same month she was born--1989. Nevertheless, it was a long gap and everything you said was so true. I remember crying to you, "Hey, she's MY baby!!!" since you literally took her over.lol I adored your efforts to be close to her. Your message of memories brought sweet tears of most precious memories to my eyes. Time does pass so quickly and sweetly.
    Love,
    MammaMusso, as you called me back then. :)

    ReplyDelete