Monday, October 10, 2011

Ideal Neighborhood


Can we say we love it here without betraying all our old home states and families and friends? We miss everyone terribly, and if we could we'd pick them all up and transport them with us. We could create this perfect neighborhood of all those we've had to leave behind. Have them living right next door. Walk out the door in the morning and wave at them across the street. Take long walks together, sit talking for countless hours, or just enjoy the close proximity.

If I've learned anything from all of these moves, it's to seize the day (and be flexible and never begin potty training before a move...but I sidetrack). Make friends with those around you for you don't know how long you'll have them there and when the separation comes you'll only wish you had done it more. Enjoy the scenery and environments because seasons change quickly. Make your family your home, all else changes.

I'm thrilled with the idea that this paradise neighborhood is actually a reality. It's in the works as we live and breath. In a blink of an eye, this will all be passed and we're all going to be living right there, in the perfect place...together. We'll truly be able to spend countless hours together, never separating again. I have to warn you now though, I'm going to know an awful lot of you up there because everywhere I've lived I've met the best souls!
Miss you all but promise we'll see you soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love you so much. I need to read these posts more often!

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really miss our Texas neighborhood...except for the scorpions ;)

    ReplyDelete