Monday, October 10, 2011

Swift Kick


We were swimming in the pool the other day, and little Thessaly swims over to me looking all adorable. She opens those big eyes of hers, smiles ear to ear, and then kicks me. "Ow! What was that for?" I ask her. As she swims away giggling in delight, she explains to me, "That is the way I show someone I love them when I'm in the pool."
Interesting!!! How often is it that we need to show our affections to our loved ones with a swift kick? I'm not talking about physical violence, of course. But if we truly love someone, we'd be willing to risk their wrath by giving them the nudge or kick (if you will) they need. I know I'm not an easy one to reprimand. I wear my feelings right out there on my sleeve and sadly get my feelings hurt time and again. However, I would be mortified if my loved ones knew I was in the wrong and didn't point it out. This is not an invitation to have a kicking fest on Vivi today;-) but maybe next time someone swims over and gives me a loving kick, I should thank them and swim on my merry way knowing they truly love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment