Thursday, June 3, 2010

Worst Enemies and Best Friends

Sisters are a very unusual blessing. I know because I have 3 of them. I also know because I witness sisterhood through my three girls. Sisters can fight like cats and dogs, be extreme opposites, and drive each other more crazy than anyone else in the world, doing it in a shorter time than anything else in the world. Yet, sisters can be best friends, know what the other is thinking before they themselves know it, and warm your heart in an instant. You can tell your deepest secrets to a sister, while keeping some things totally from them. Sisters are with you through innocent childhood, awkward teen years, discovering yourself-adulthood, and Lord-willing, the aged and wise years.
Josephine, Adela, and Thessaly have a way of communicating sisterhood. When they are driving each other crazy, they say "I just need my alone time!" Then when they are relishing each other's company, "Best friends, okay?!"

When apart from sisters, God blesses us with friends and sisters in Christ. He knows, as women, we need these precious relationships. I thank God for my dear sisters, and for allowing my girls to experience the priceless blessing of sisterhood.

2 comments:

  1. Priceless pictures. Your girls look so sweet. I agree I don't know what I would do without my sisters. I love you all. Thayne, I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course brothers are pretty awesome too! I love mine dearly, and can't wait to see how Eben fits into the mix.

    ReplyDelete