Thursday, May 27, 2010

Somebody Needs A Timeout!

As much as we love homeschooling and wouldn't have it any other way, sometimes we all just need some time alone. My kids often let each other know when they've had enough and need this by saying, "I just need my alone time." It's not a bad thing, or a punishment, just a time to refresh, recharge, and then jump back in the game.
This is my absolute all-time favorite commercial, "Somebody Needs A Timeout!". Today I looked it up online and was in tears with laughter as it was the exact scenario we just had yesterday.
I know I'm not alone in needing this timeout. Jesus was surrounded by people, pulling him in different directions, and constantly needing His attention. He often withdrew for some "alone time" to meditate, pray, and rest. Then He faced the day's challenges with love and patience for His dear ones.
The funny thing is that after much alone time apart from my kiddos, I end up missing them. I love putting them to bed at the end of the day, sitting on the couch, and just breathing, but by the morning I'm a little bit anxious to wake them and see their precious faces.
Here's to all of us taking that "alone time" and then cherishing the together time that follows.

2 comments:

  1. yep so true! Great ikea commerical!!I have many of those difficult nights with my kids and then the next morning i can't wait to see there sweet faces and all they have to say to me.

    ReplyDelete