Friday, August 27, 2010

Check out my BARGAIN!

On occasion, I'm known to pull over the van, hop out, and pick up a great "roadside" bargain....a.k.a. trash. I was raised that often one man's trash is another man's treasure. I remember being mortified as a child when I was told to get out of the van and grab something that my parents saw on the way home, certain that every kid in school was going to see me. Now, I can't help myself; I guess it's in my blood. Josephine pegged it right when she observed yesterday, "Mom, you fuss at us to clean up all day and then you go digging in other people's trash cans for more things!" Okay, honestly, I don't go "digging" in trash cans, but... hey, would you pass up a perfectly good , practically brand new, folding lapdesk? or a box of crystal glasses labeled FREE?

I just have to share this one bargain. It's not a trash can story, but it was a great deal. I was just about to head out across town to pick up some school chairs for $15 each, thinking I was getting a pretty good deal. When lo and behold, I came across a craigslist ad for a school table with 6 chairs all for $15!!! Just 5 minutes away!!! Do you have any idea how much these retail for??? I am certain that we will find Plenty to do with this one!

Yes, it's true... I love me a great deal!!!

1 comment: