Thursday, August 19, 2010

Organized Chaos

The goal this month is to organize the chaos. Since our last move, I've been on a mission to no longer be lost in the clutter. I have begun to throw out a good portion of what comes into the house, but the damage is already done. Apparently, unaware, I trained my brood to save, collect, and keep every little thing their tiny hands got a hold of. While going through room after room (which by the way, I have now decided I'd be content living in a one room house), I found stashes and bags that were tucked away and forgotten...not only by my handfull, but also yours truly. What was I thinking...was I really going to use that placemat from the restaurant for schooling purposes?! In the mix of the junk, I did find a few gems that had been missing. I don't know how they got there, how they were forgotten, and now that they are found I know they won't end up with the junk again.

Going back to school this week, I knew I had to be on top of things or it was going to put us all in the nuthouse. We now are organized not only in our clutter, but also in our chores and school schedules. It's amazing how smoothly things run when a plan is in place. A little fore-thought and all is perfect (except for when a certain baby doesn't take a nap, or a precious toddler needs help in the RR, or a well-meaning big sister spills a drink all over the counter, the stack of mail, and the floor). Seriously though, we're trying and it's working...gradually, but surely.
While I'm organizing every little aspect of our lives, I decided to clean out our internal selves as well. Our hearts and souls can always use a good cleaning and organizing. We've been regular in our nightly devotions and prayers, but now we're adding a morning study to the breakfast and an alphabetical Bible verse to the mix. When I take a good look at the "stashes" stowed away in my heart, I see a lot of sorting and organizing that needs to take place. After cleaning out, I've found some precious gems of His that aren't getting pushed aside again.
May our school year stay organized and clean both in our spiritual and secular studies.
It's never too early to start learning...here's Eben helping do chores already... setting the table (or should I say setting the booster seat) and Thessaly enjoying the Listening Center.





2 comments:

  1. We've started schooling this week as well. I love that feeling of getting everything re-organized and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete