Thursday, March 4, 2010

Profound and Not so Profound

Sitting at the table yesterday afternoon, eating our thrown together sandwiches, Josephine began to ponder time - not just clocks, or reading them, but the real passing of time. She announced to us all, "It's funny to think that this morning happened, and will never happen again.  Thessaly will never be sitting here banging her fork on the table with Adela singing super loud and Eben eating Cheerios again...well, okay, they will do it again, but never just like this, and not just now."  Whhhhaaaa!  The girl takes my breath away.  And Vivi kept all of these things in her heart:-)

Then going to bed, Thessaly reaches out, "Mommy, can you hold this for me?" handing me an invisible object in the dark.  Thinking she's pretending something precious, I take it and ask, "Oh, what's this, honey?" 
"Just a booger." Whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!  The girl took my breath away.  And Vivi ran for a tissue a.s.a.p.

This roller coaster of child raising sure is fun!  You never know what they're going to throw at you.

2 comments:

  1. Man! Jo just blows me away with how she thinks! And that thing with Thessy is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vivi! This is Jennifer Riley, now Cogburn. I don't know if you remember me or not. Terah and I were very close friends almost 20 years ago in Plantation. Your mom and I are FB friends and she suggested your blog. I love it! I have three kids, 3yrs and under and just recently I was praying about my own resentment when people would comment to me that I had my "hands full." While I was praying the Lord spoke directly to my heart and said the same thing your blog title does!! My hands are full, but more importantly, my heart is full because of the blessings that He gives me in all three of those little ones. They truly are a tool of such refreshment and joy and sanctification in my life. They strengthen my faith and give me deeper understanding of the love the Father has for us as His children. Thanks for your blog! I look forward to seeing what He is up to in your family's life through it. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete