Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Little Luxuries


Little Luxuries I took for granted before having kids:
-Going from the door of the house to inside the vehicle in less than 5 minutes.
-Locking a door... for that matter, closing a door.
-Wearing outfits more than once without the need to have them laundered due to all sorts of child cruddiness and smears.
-Completing the laundry with only two loads (one whites, one darks).
-Going to the bookstore and browsing the grown-up section.
-Preparing dinner and sitting to eat it with only compliments.
-Dining at a restaurant without a drink soaking your lap.
-Hearing a lesson from start to finish.
-Opening a cookie package to find cookies (not stale, mind you) still left inside.
-Dry clean only clothing.
-Making a quick run to the store.
-Choosing my own soundtrack for a drive.
-Opening my purse without crumbs falling out.
-A schedule so empty that brainstorming was needed to fill it.

Little Luxuries I'm blessed with now that I have kids:
-Someone to hug day or night.
-Little giggles and belly laughs.
-Hearing cheery whispers from down the hall each morning.
-The smell of baby lotion and youth.
-Combing out someone else's tangles.
-Rubber ducks and Barbies greeting me in the bathroom.
-A reason to use the digital camera.
-Pink or purple walls and hearts or princesses.
-Never having an empty lap or empty arms.
-Four all-too-happy volunteers jumping at a chance to play on the floor with me.
-Hearing every single detail and secret of someone's life.
-Sprinkles on top of any food make it taste better.
-Sucking on ice makes any "ouchie" feel better.
-Someone believing there's no problem too big that I can't solve.
-"I love you" spoken multiple times a day for no particular reason.
-A heart so full that sometimes it hurts!

1 comment: