Sunday, April 11, 2010

Never Tired

Once upon a time, a very long time ago, in a distant land, a woman named Vivi slept through the night. Ahhh, I remember that sweet fairytale. One of my all time favorite hobbies has become a thing of the past. With four tiny ones, and esp. a baby who finds it natural to interrupt this wonderful hobby of sleep at least 5-10 times a session, I've not been able to practice it regularly. Oh for the nights when I would close my eyes in the dark, and open them only to see the sunlight gleaming thru the windows. I remember when the whole purpose of drinking coffee was for the delicious steamy taste, not for survival and to keep my eyes from crossing. Sometimes, I am so overwhelmed by this missed sleep, all I feel is TIRED.
The crazy thing is I may truly miss sleep, but I gladly give it up. I'm tired of a great many things, but then in the grand scheme of things, I'm never tired.

I may be tired of not having a full night's rest,
but I never grow tired of waking to that sweet little boy lying there needing me.

I may be tired of the droning call of girls having nightmares,
but I never grow tired of them calling for me in their time of stress.

I may be tired of the bickering and arguing over who had the longer turn on the swing,but I never grow tired of watching my kids learn how to become the best of friends.

I may be tired of the laundry basket that like Elijah's gift to the widow, never empties,but I never grow tired of supplying my kids with what they need to be happy.

I may be tired of the snotty noses, feverish foreheads, and cranky moods,
but I never grow tired of the snuggles that need to be given to make them feel better.

I may be tired of cleaning the plethora of toys, clothes, and misc. items strown around the house,but I never grow tired of those little tiny hands that tinker and caress.

I may be tired of the loud volume that permeates through the walls and vibrates the windows, but I never grow tired of the precious voices and conversations that come from their lips.

It may be one of the most demanding and sleep-deprived jobs of life,
but I never grow tired in the role of being a mom to my precious Godsends.

I know I'm not the perfect child to my Father either. I'm sure He grows tired of my doubtings, complaints, and limited vision, but He never grows tired in His love, forgiveness, and joy of being my God. Like my Father, may I never grow tired in demonstrating love for my children.

1 comment:

  1. My sentiments exactly! Amen!
    It has always been a delight and a joy unspeakable to be a mother, though exhausting at times. And, Vivi, doesn't it seem the more, the merrier?
    Able to get that sleep now but missing the days of my little ones,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete