Monday, April 5, 2010

MisInterpretations

Josephine likes the song, "Climb, Climb Up Sunshine Mountain" although she is very troubled by the ending. Here is her interpretation:
Climb, Climb up Sunshine Mountain, heavenly breezes blow.
Climb, Climb up Sunshine Mountain, faces all aglow.
Turn, Turn your back on evil, Look to God on High.
Climb, Climb up Sunshine Mountain..You All Die!!!
One of Adela's favorite songs is about The Lost Blind Girl. She wonders if Jesus put mud on her eyes:
Amazing Grace, how sweet your face
that save a wretch like me.
I once was Lost but now I'm found,
Was Blind but now I see.

Thessaly is a Taylor Swift fan. In particular, she likes her song Romeo and Juliet because in it the girl has to go potty:
See the lights, see the potty, the bathroom...and I was begging you "I've got to go!"
(true lyrics: See the lights, see the party, the ballgowns...and I was begging you, "Please don't go!")

1 comment:

  1. Bless their little innocent hearts. Little do we know what goes on in the precious minds of babes, while we so confidently believe they understand exactly what they are hearing. This was a great illustration of that. Even I have heard songs on the radio and completely misunderstood the lyrics as an adult, until you kids have corrected me.

    It's a great reminder to all of us to not be quick to judge what we think we have heard others say, but rather make sure we understand them correctly first by using the "say back" method. This can avoid unnecessary heartaches and contentions.

    ReplyDelete