Monday, May 24, 2010

Dangerous Endeavor

Today I took the kids out on a marathon errand run. The mission: complete errands and have kids buy my birthday presents at the same time. This indeed turned into quite an adventure. The image I had in mind of me ever so blatantly dropping hints of simple things that "I wanted" and the kids secretly hiding the items of interest in the cart didn't go exactly as I planned. The trip took 4 hours and included 3 bathroom breaks, 1 lunch on the go, 6 separate sessions of strapping in carseats, and 4 explosions from Eben's temper... but the mission was accomplished.
I, personally, am fine without presents or fuss on my birthday (yes, you can quote me on that). I'm completely happy with their precious homemade cards and kisses, but now that the girls are older they insist that my birthday MUST be celebrated and they want to go all out in doing it. Although I got to pick the cake (yummy, yummy cheesecake), they didn't want me giving selections for presents; they were already completely sold on particular items that they they thought I just HAD to have (to be revealed tomorrow). As exhausting as it was, they were so patient and so excited that I took them to do this, and I am touched way down deep in my mother's special moments-heart that they were willing to endure this dangerous endeavor all for the sake of celebrating me. I've got the best kids ever...and I haven't even seen the gifts yet.

1 comment:

  1. Still curiously waiting to hear what your gifts turned out to be.

    ReplyDelete