Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Little Hero

One of the kids' favorite phrases these days is "You're the hero!" It came from me trying to bribe someone to do something, then professing excitedly that they were the hero for going all out for someone else. Now, any task that is given, the kids rush to be "the hero." And Oh Boy, if I forget to profess them the hero, then watch out!!!!
Lately though, the hero around here is undoubtedly Josephine. She is just an all out amazing person, and I don't say that just because I'm her mommy. She really truly has a heart that always thinks of others. If you had to pick any person in the world to be your big sister, you would most definitely want to pick Josephine. She runs errands for you, let's you win, tells you what you want or need to hear, comes up with fun diversions, let's you go first, calms you down when you need it, and riles you up when you need that.
Even in trying to get some "alone time" for herself, she can't be mean. Most kids would post a sign that says, "Keep Out!" or "Do Not Enter!" But Josephine? She makes one that says "Don't Come In UNLESS You Be Nice!" What a sweetheart! Of course, one of the little siblings tried to change the sign to "Don't Come In UNLESS You PooPoo!" (I bet you can guess the name of the graffiti-artist!)
One more little bragging thing...she insisted that we go to BJ's before my birthday, because the present she wanted to get me just had to be there. Finally I took her. She rushed jumping and skipping with joy and excitement to a part of the store where last month I'd bought her a Reading Log, explaining I'd always wanted one when I was a girl. She just melts my heart and makes me want to be a better mother daily!
She makes me understand what Jesus meant by "unless we become like one of these little ones." She is so pure, good, and true. I pray I become more like her daily, and what joy I will bring to my Father!

1 comment: